These Vegan Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats are sure to make any day better and brighter. They’re little pops of color and little treats of happiness. Also, they’ll make you think of strawberries and cream. Yum.
I think there’s something very exciting about strawberries. They’re just so uplifting, so spunky, and so pretty! Strawberries and rice crisps make me think of super delicious berry flavored cereal. When I saw freeze-dried strawberries in my pantry, I knew I had to make these lovely Vegan Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats!
Ultimately, these vegan rice crispy treats are irresistible. They are beautiful, bright, and delicious - the absolute perfect sweet treat. They’re the loveliest to devour and share with all your vegan and non-vegan friends (who won’t know the difference anyways).
Vegan Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats: Little details
First of all, I use brown rice crisps because they were vegan and all I could find at the grocery store but you can use whatever vegan rice crisps you can find. If you want them to be gluten-free, look for gluten-free rice crisps, of course. The brown rice crisps I use are also gluten-free.
Second of all, Dandies, the vegan marshmallow brand I use, are also gluten-free and very importantly, they're super delicious. You can find them in most natural food stores. For this recipe, you can use larger marshmallows or smaller ones because they’ll melt in the recipe, so it really doesn’t even matter.
Finally, if you want these to be even cuter, throw some cute sprinkles on top of the strawberry topping too! There are no limits to how cute you can make something. If you want extra whole marshmallows in your treats, throw some extra small marshmallows (about 1 cup) in when you add the rice crisps and strawberries mixture. This will also make the crispy treats thicker when you pat them down into the sheet pan.
If you make this recipe, please comment and rate the recipe below! I love hearing from you all. Also, you can tag me on Instagram @higheralchemybaking with your bake!
Vegan Strawberry Rice Crispy Treats
- 9"x13" sheet pan / quarter sheet pan
- 4 cups (120g) rice crisps
- 1 cup (30g) crushed freeze dried strawberries, divided
- ½ cup (113g) vegan butter (I use Miyoko's Organic Vegan Butter)
- 10 oz. (283g) vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice crisps and ⅔ cup of the crushed freeze-dried strawberries. Set aside.
- In a medium or large sized saucepan or pot, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. When it’s fully melted, add the marshmallows. Stir with a silicone spatula constantly. The marshmallows will act like they’re not melting but just be patient and keep stirring.
- When the marshmallows are almost totally melted, add the vanilla extract and stir it in. When the mixture is completely melted, turn off the heat and add the rice crisps and freeze-dried strawberry mixture. Fold together until combined, then transfer it into the prepared sheet pan.
- Work quickly to press it down gently with the spatula or your fingers. Spread it to the edges of the pan and even the top out. Place the remaining ⅓ of the freeze-dried strawberries on top of the rice crispy treats. Gently press the strawberries into the rice crispy top.
- Let cool for 45 minutes. Transfer the pan to the fridge for 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and use the parchment paper to lift the entire rice crispy treat out of the pan. Use a sharp knife to squares and serve!
Ah, give me another square!